Have you looked in the mirror to see flaky, dry, or irritated skin? Since I moved to New York this has been the norm for my skin from November to February. I must have tried every product on the market that has a claim to be made to defeat your skin from the winter blues. The truth is that there is no one product that will instantly revive your skin with hydration and moisture. While there are some amazing products on the market that will help your skin heal from the battered weather. It takes a combination of products and treating your body right to achieve a healthy skin glow.
Here are some tips to help your skin fight the winter blues
- Moisturize: You might have that favorite moisture that works amazingly during the warmer months. What some of us don’t know is that as the weather changes you need to change or tweak the way that you use some of the products that you currently use. During the winter months, you need to provide your skin additional layers of protection. Try looking for a moisturizer that is oil based. Make sure to Moisturize your skin in the morning and at night.
- Water Intake: I know for some of us it might be hard enough trying to drink 8 glasses of water each day. You need to kick up your water intake during the winter months to overdrive and try to double the amount of water your drink to help your body stay hydrated.
- Avoid Hot Showers: I am guilty of taking hot showers in the winter months, then I pay the price of dealing with unhappy skin. During the winter months, you should take use room temperature water to warm to avoid your skin from over-drying.
- Exfoliate: During the winter months, your skin will benefit from extra exfoliation. If your skin is not used to exfoliation you should try using a gentle scrub at first. The scrub will remove all dead, dry, flaky, and dry skin.
- Humidify: Using a humidifier during the overnight hours will allow your skin to hydrate itself. The humidifier will create moisture in the air soothing your skin.