The team of www.lifewithiris.dev has been traveling and visiting spas and hotels around the US but our list is yet not ready to release so well trust TripAdvisor’s opinion for now. The Chewton Glen in New Milton, England, which specializes in holistic treatments (and also has a wide range of ‘wedding treatments’ available), The Four Seasons in Hampshire, England, with its massages inspired by countries around the world and its men-specific treatments, as well as the Balmoral in Edinburgh that features Finnish as well as Turkish saunas, are all part of the list. The latter recently also won the Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Spa Awards.
In Europe, it was Ritz Carlton’s Barcelona Arts Hotel that enchanted guests with stunning views from the sauna and innovative color therapies as well as an ice fountain to get the circulation going. Italy booked two winners, the Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort in San Casciano dei Bagni, which with therapeutic pools and inhalation therapies takes a more medical approach, and the Adler Thermae Spa Resort in San Quirico d’Orcia, which offers all the spa classics including hot stone massages, algae treatments, and mud wraps.
The Banyan Tree resort in the Maldives additionally incorporates yoga practices.
Here is the complete top ten list of spas on tripadvisor.com, based on the votes of its reviewers:
1. Banyan Tree Maldives, Vabbinfaru, Maldives
2. La Casa Que Canta, Zihuatanejo, Mexico
3. Fonteverde Natural Spa Resort, San Casciano dei Bagni, Italy
4. Dorint Maison Messmer, Baden-Baden, Germany
5. Hotel Arts Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
6. Adler Thermae Spa Resort, San Quirico d’Orcia, Italy
7. The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, New Milton, England
9. Four Seasons Hotel, Hampshire, England
10. Badrutt’s Palace Hotel, St. Moritz, Switzerland