Exfoliating your skin is probably the fastest way to give yourself a fresher look. And by exfoliating you can actually improve skin tone. By removing the top layer of dead epidermis cells, you will make your skin appear smoother and less wrinkled.
Skin Exfoliation is a very important component of skin care. Just washing your face with normal soaps and cleansers will not help you out in getting rid of dead cells as then only wipe off the dirt from your skin and they don’t lift off old dead cells to get you a real beautiful look. When you exfoliate, you’re sloughing off dead skin and exposing the fresher, brighter, younger cells beneath. So, if you really want your skin to look healthy and radiant, exfoliate regularly.
Here are some tips for the step by step process of how to exfoliate your facial skin:
- Moisten your face with water before you start your skin exfoliation.
- When your skin is completely wet take a little bit of the exfoliating cream, gel or scrub suited for your skin type and gently rub it on to your already cleansed face.
- Gently rub the exfoliating cream all over your face avoiding the eyes and the areas around the lips. Don’t rub for long. Rubbing of about 10 seconds is enough otherwise your skin will irritate.
- Rinse with warm water, until you cannot feel the grains.
- Pat gently with a towel.
More deeper exfoliation can be achieved by dermatologists through skin peels or chemical peels and microdermabrasion.
Some homely tips for doing skin exfoliation
- Take a small amount of sugar and then add to it a few drops of olive oil. Gently apply the mixture on your face to get a smooth, healthier face.
- Take a packet oatmeal, mix it with water and create a paste. Apply the mixture onto your face, and then wash it off after some time.
Some mistakes during Skin Exfoliation
- Apply moisturizer to your body before it is fully dry. Use a body moisturizer at least once every day.
- Don’t rub the skin exfoliation cream on the face too much, otherwise it will get your skin irritated.
- Only choose that exfoliating cream which suits your skin type otherwise it will irritate you.
- Your skin may tingle after using alpha or beta hydroxy acids. This is normal and should go away after 15 minutes, so don’t panic.
- Don’t do skin exfoliation too frequently. Skin exfoliation once in a week is enough.