Your hands are the first things that people see, it’s important to maintain healthy, clean, and well-groomed nails. You don’t need to blow the budget to keep your hands looking representable. Here are some easy tips to that won’t take up too much time or blow your budget.
1. Gloves: Most cleaning products contain aggressive disinfecting chemicals that dry out your nails and cause your nails to chip away. Even washing your dishes can cause over drying of the cuticles. You should get in the habit of wearing gloves to protect your nails and hands.
2. Moisturize: It is important to moisturize your cuticles, you can use cuticle oil, hand cream, or my favorite coconut oil. It is important to massage the moisturizer into the skin around the nail.
3. Filing: It is important to file your nails in one direction only and only utilize a flexible fine-grit emery board.
4. Removal of Gel Polish: It is important to soak your nails in pure acetone for 10 minutes or until the gel polish easily lifts from your nail. Avoiding to pick and peel off the gel polish is important because the gel polish adheres extremely well to your natural nail that it will cause your nail to become thinner and weaker.
5. Base Coat: To minimize staining on your natural nails always wear a base coat.
6. Formaldehyde: The nail polishes we use are not completely natural, it’s important to look for brands that are 3-free or 5 free meaning that they don’t use toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), or formaldehyde, which are all known carcinogens. The International Agency for research on Cancer (IARC) classifies formaldehyde as a carcinogen.