After all the months of thinking, when is summer going to finally arrive the beach, pool, and summer vacation season is finally here. With so many swimsuit options to select from or maybe you are looking for something that your favorite celebrity wore. It is important to find a swimsuit that compliments and fits your body type. I am the first one to raise my hand and admit that shopping for a swimsuit can be a daunting task and sometimes I want to skip the entire process and just wear my favorite from last year.
Here are some tips to help you through the shopping process:
- Pear Shaped: The pear-shaped women is smaller on the top and curvy on the bottom. With this body type, you should focus on getting the necessary coverage in your bottom area. You should look for a top that has patterns or has a bright color to attract the attention away from your bottom area. You should stay clear of boy shorts although they provide the coverage needed they also attract all the attention to your bottom area.
- Large Bust: If you’re well endowed focus on swimsuits with molded cups and is equipped with underwire for support. The main idea is to select swimsuits that do not attract attention on the top, so embellishments, ruffles, a low cleavage plunge, and strapless are the swimsuits that you should stay clear of.
- Small Bust: If you are smaller on the top half of you body, select a swimsuit with patterns, bold prints, ruffles, and embellishments to attract the attention to the top area of your body and create an illusion of a larger bust.
- Curvy: You need to focus on both support for the top of your body and light coverage for the bottom area. Stay clear of stringy tops or bottoms. You should select tops that are long and have more coverage with a high waist bottom.
- Toned/Athletic: You will need to play up your curves, selecting swimsuits with a small bottom will create the illusion of a curvier bottom area. When looking for tops look for ruffles and bold prints. One-piece swimsuits with cutouts will create the illusion of more in right areas.
- Hide The Tummy: If you are concerned with covering the tummy area you should select a swimsuit that has a high waist, fringelike material or a surplice wrap in the tummy area that will help you create a slim figure. You should stay clear of selecting a one-piece swimsuit with no support in the tummy area.
The High Waisted Swimsuit
The Cut-Out Swimsuit
The Fringe Swimsuit
The Ruffle Swimsuit
The One Piece and Color Blocking Swimsuit